2. PATC and ATC are requiring some video training. Each person must visit the ATC website (Homepage) to sign the acknowledgement that they have reviewed the guidelines and watched the video. Once is enough so no need to revisit. Follow this link: Volunteer Protocols During COVID-19 then scroll down and watch the embedded Video referenced above. Please sign the acknowledgement after the video. This is required viewing if you want to volunteer on the AT.
3. No carpooling.
4. No sharing of food or drink.
5. No sharing of tools.
6. Workers are encouraged to bring their own tools and PPE.
7. Groups will be limited to a maximum of 6 persons.
8. Efforts will be made to keep workers, who live under the same roof, together.
9. Mask wearing is encouraged.
meet at Caledonia State Park at the parking lot at the intersection of
PA233 and US30 at 8:45 AM so we can organize and be ready to leave by
9:00 AM. The GPS coordinates are 39.90676 -77.47821.
Work includes a variety of water erosion tasks, blowdown removal on Rocky Knob Trail, plus other projects.
Useful tools will be mattocks, shovels, folding saws, loppers, and fire rakes. Certified sawyers should bring chainsaws.
Please observe COVID19 precautions and wear a mask when we meet.
Please notify email@example.com if you plan to attend. AN ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE SENT TO THOSE WHO RESPOND IF PLANS CHANGE SO BE SURE TO REPLY.
The next Tuscarora Trail work trip will be on Saturday, June 19, depending upon the weather.
The next AT work trip will be on Saturday, July 3.
The PA section is planning a Tuscarora Trail work trip on April 17 as follows:
Depending upon the number of people who come on the trip we may continue southbound partway through that section. We might also clear some blowdowns on a section north of there.